poniedziałek, 18 kwietnia 2016

BIQdata - a public data exploration portal by Gazeta Wyborcza.

I am not a subscriber, therefore I cannot see how well this idea is accomplished. I think that not providing a trial period or some free content is a mistake. But I hope the service will motivate all other information providers to copy the idea and  build data exploration sections or have at least one data exploration guy in the newsroom.
Data exploration tool can be dangerous in the hands of an investigative journalist. It can show in an objective way, which public tenders are suspicious or where government action against crime and low quality of life is insufficient.

If your budgets are tight, invest in an R guy and use markdown. I will be happy to see journalists using data mining tools to explore public databases and present (and validate) results of research in an informative way.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz